Executive Managing Director, Hotels, Colliers International Hotels
Alam leads the team of professionals responsible for hotel investment advisory services in Canada and specific markets in Latin America/Caribbean. Alam’s specialized experience is in sourcing equity and debt capital for hotel and leisure investments, negotiating management and joint venture agreements, as well as valuation analysis for hotel and leisure-related assets. Since joining Colliers in 1991, Alam has been directly involved in portfolio and single asset and debt transactions with a market capitalization of over $4.6 billion, acting on behalf of REIT’s, public companies, institutional investors, opportunity/investment funds and private capital sources.
Alam’s Experience Includes
- Recognized leader in the Canadian hotel real estate market with experience spanning a multitude of lodging property types and classes across the country.
- Current member of the International Society of Hospitality Consultants, represented by some 200 of the industry’s most respected professionals from across six continents.
- Hotel and leisure consultant with Laventhol & Horwath, where he advised clients on development, valuation and strategic planning in the lodging industry.
- Guest speaker and moderator at numerous industry conferences, market updates and other engagements, in addition to being widely quoted in the media.
- Various operations capacities with hotel companies and a private real estate investment/development company.
- Undergraduate degree from Ryerson University – Hospitality & Tourism Management.
Affiliations & Memberships
International Society of Hospitality Consultants, Toronto Real Estate Board, Ontario Real Estate Association, Canadian Real Estate Association