CEO & Managing Principal
Jules “Jay” Marling, CEO, Managing Principal, and Founder of Capright, has been active in the real estate industry since 1993.
To date, Mr. Marling has personally completed or supervised valuation assignments encompassing more than 15,000 institutional assets throughout the United States. These assignments, which involve virtually all types of commercial real estate, have been prepared for institutional clients including pension funds, trusts, corporations, lenders, and legal counsel.
Mr. Marling currently oversees several large valuation and consulting engagements throughout Latin America. Fluent in Portuguese and conversational in Spanish, Mr. Marling and his team of multi-lingual/multi-cultural experts have pioneered the modern valuation process and IVS/IFRS compliance for real estate funds with assets in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia.
In addition to his valuation experience, Mr. Marling has provided clients with consulting expertise in the following areas: due diligence, feasibility, property tax appeal, condominium conversion, re-development planning, and litigation support.
University of Chicago – Booth School of Business
- MBA – Finance and Economics
Northwestern University – College of Arts & Sciences
- BA – Philosophy
- Magna Cum Laude and Departmental Honors
- Admitted to Phi Beta Kappa and Golden Key National Honor Society
- Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI)
The Counselors of Real Estate
- Counselor of Real Estate (CRE)
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow (FRICS)
National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF)
- Past Chair of the Valuation Committee
- Real Estate Broker in Illinois
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (Numerous States)