Principal and Tri-State President, Avison Young
Arthur J. Mirante, II joined Avison Young in 2012 as a Principal and Tri-State President, based in the firm’s New York City office. One of the most accomplished and respected professionals in the commercial real estate industry, Mirante serves as a member of Avison Young’s Board of Directors.
Prior to joining Avison Young, Mirante worked at Cushman & Wakefield for more than 40 years, where he most recently served as President of Global Client Development. Prior to that, he served as the firm’s CEO for 20 years.
During Mirante’s tenure as CEO, Cushman & Wakefield’s revenues increased from $100 million to $1 billion and the firm expanded from 60 U.S. offices to 173 offices, including 100 outside the country.
Throughout his career, Mirante has participated in some of the New York market’s largest and most complex transactions, including the sale of the World Trade Center, the headquarters relocations of MasterCard International and The Guardian Life Insurance Company, the record $1.72 billion sale of 200 Park Avenue for Metropolitan Life in 2005, the record $1.8 billion acquisition of 666 Fifth Avenue in 2007, and the long-term lease of 75 Rockefeller Plaza to RXR in 2013.
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- The Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation
- The National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine
- HELP USA
Many community and cultural institutions have honored Mr. Mirante, including:
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- John’s University
- The College of the Holy Cross
- The Arts & Business Council named Mirante Business Volunteer of the Year (2003)
- Named the “Best International Real Estate Professional” by the leading European real estate exhibition and symposium
- Mirante and his wife, Elizabeth, were honored by the Alvin Ailey Dance and by John Jay College of Criminal Justice for their commitment to supporting the United States Veterans
- Covenant House Lifeline Achievement Award
- In addition, Mirante is a Founder, Shareholder and Member of the Board of a Community Bank in Livingston, New Jersey known as Regal Bank
Notable Recent Responsibilities
Represents the Following Owner/Landlords as Exclusive Office Leasing Agents:
- RXR – 530 Fifth Avenue
- Thor Equities – 8 building portfolio with 800,000 SF
- Kamber Management – Tower 45
- Paramount Leasehold, LP – 1501 Broadway
- College of the Holy Cross – B.S., Sociology, 1965
- John’s University Law School – J.D., 1968; and Doctor of Humane Letters