- Theddi Wright Chappell, CRE, appointed program director for Utah C-PACE
- Paul J. Massey, Jr., CRE, co-founds B6 Real Estate Advisors
- Michael J. Ash, Esq., CRE, joins Carlin & Ward
- Martha Heric, CRE, has joined Cushman & Wakefield Valuation and Advisory group as senior manager
- Van Martin, CRE, now CEO of Martin Commercial Properties
Counselors Quoted in Media
- Marilee Utter, CRE, interviewed on TOD for Site Selection magazine
- Jonathan Miller, CRE, featured on Bloomberg TV and GlobeSt.
- Jeanette Rice, CRE, highlighted as Multifamily Influencer by GlobeSt.
- Giuliano Gasparini, CRE, writes for Hotelier Middle East magazine
- Neil Madsen, CRE, talks Opportunity Zones in National Real Estate Investor Magazine
- Richard Barkham, Ph.D., CRE, interviewed in Bisnow
- Tomas Ctibor, CRE, profiled in Development News
- Christian Torgrimson, Esq., CRE, interviewed on Eminent Domain Podcasts and named 2018 Woman of Influence
- Anthony DellaPelle, Esq., CRE, talks public use issues on Eminent Domain Podcast
- Bill Norton, CRE, writes on economic outlook for NH Business Review
- K.C. Conway, CRE, featured in Bisnow, Real Estate Business Online, radio shows, journals, and elected to board of public REIT
- Hugh Kelly, Ph.D., CRE, featured in Commercial Property Executive and The Commercial Real Estate Show
- John Culbertson, CRE, blogs on topics including lease negotiations, economic outlook, and more
- Robert Pliska, CRE, moderated discussion panels at Bisnow events
- Kevin Phelan, CRE, was a panelist at Bisnow’s Boston 2019 Forecast event
- Joseph Nahas, Jr., CRE, spoke at NAI CIR commercial real estate summit
- Rob Nahigian, CRE, spoke at regional association events
- Larry Kosmont, CRE, presented at the 2018 League of California Cities Annual Conference
- James A. Moore, CRE, presented at the AusRAIL conference in Canberra ACT
Honors, Awards, and Giving Back
The Counselors presented three prestigious awards during the CRE 2018 Annual Convention in Charleston, S.C.
The 2018 James D. Landauer/John R. White Award was presented to William P.J. McCarthy, CRE, president, W.P.J. McCarthy Co., Ltd., Burnaby, B.C., Canada. The award honors Mr. McCarthy’s impressive career and leadership in the real estate industry, and his distinguished record of supporting a wide array of civic causes, as a philanthropist, supporter, and advisor. The award is presented annually to an individual who has furthered the ideals of The Counselors of Real Estate–integrity, competence, community, trust and selflessness–and who is viewed by their peers as a recognized leader of real estate with meaningful involvement in causes that change the world. See more about the award and Mr. McCarthy here.
Robert McKennon, CRE, owner and president, Appraisal Associates, Inc., Wilmington, Del., was honored with The Counselors’ 2018 Committee Service Award. This award recognizes Mr. McKennon’s dedication to committee service and leadership at both the national and local level. Read more about the award and Mr. McKennon’s service here.
The 2018 CRE Chair’s Award was presented to the CRE Membership Development Committee, in recognition of the significant work the committee undertook to replenish the organization’s membership ranks, while respecting the standards for which The Counselors has long been known. Their efforts were instrumental in retaining the strength and viability of the CRE organization. The award is given annually–at the discretion of the CRE Chair of the Board–to a team of CRE members whose activity best demonstrates advancing the success of the organization.
- Michael Sklaroff, Esq., CRE, won the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award from The Legal Intelligencer
- Steven D. Leader, CRE EMERITUS selected as Judge and Mediator for FINRA
- Martha Heric, CRE, inducted into the Hall of Fame by CREW – Northern Virginia
- Nick Tillema, CRE, serves on the board of directors of Fountains of Hope International
- Casey Kemper, CRE, received Outstanding Community Service Award from Interchurch Center of New York City
- Maureen Ehrenberg, CRE, named to the Women of Influence Hall of Fame by Real Estate Forum/GlobeSt
- Elaine Worzala, Ph.D., CRE, honored by European Real Estate Society and Pacific Rim Real Estate Society
- Miles Loo, Jr., CRE, named one of “America’s 50” by Data Economy
- Ryan Toole, CRE, on Board of CCIM Colorado/Wyoming Chapter
- Wendy Timm, CRE, receives Lifetime Achievement Award from CREW St. Louis