- This event has passed.
CRE Technical Seminar – European Regulation and Your Real Estate Business
Navigating European Regulation & What’s new on the horizon?
The G20 Summit in Washington (Nov 2008) aimed to ensure that all financial markets, products and participants are regulated or subject to oversight, as appropriate to their circumstances.
Financial Stability Board was tasked with coordination and monitoring of the implementation of the Action Plan agreed at the April 2009 G20 London Summit.
EU legislative initiatives focused on financial stability:
- “Building new rules for the global financial system”
- “Establishing a safe, responsible & growth-enhancing financial sector in Europe”
- “Establishing and completing the banking union to strengthen the Euro”
Following agreement on most legislation, the EU focus is now on:
- Completing the implementation measures
- Application of regulation at national level
Strategic direction – enabling economic growth:
- Impact analysis of agreed upon legislation
- Capital Markets Union